Pat Miguel Tomaino of Zevin AM Named to Bloomberg’s Ones to Watch List
We are pleased to announce that Pat Miguel Tomaino, Associate Director of Socially Responsible Investing at Zevin Asset Management LLC, has been honored in Bloomberg Businessweek’s inaugural Bloomberg 50 issue. The issue highlights 50 figures who have changed global business in 2017. Mr. Tomaino is featured as one of 25 “Ones to Watch”, rising stars in business and innovation who were nominated by Bloomberg Businessweek editors and by the Bloomberg 50 honorees. Find out more.
Mr. Tomaino leads Zevin Asset Management’s approach to socially responsible investing — channeling investor voices to change corporate behavior and create positive impact. He uses shareholder activism, high-level dialogue with executives, and keen research to push Zevin’s portfolio companies to address critical environmental, social, and governance risks. Zevin’s approach to impact investing helps to reduce risk in client portfolios while improving our world. Prior to his role at Zevin, Mr. Tomaino was a Senior Analyst on the responsible investment team of F&C Asset Management, where he led the U.K. firm’s work in Latin America and Canada. Mr. Tomaino is a graduate of Harvard College.
Mr. Tomaino spearheaded Zevin’s work on 50 social and environmental engagements in 2016, including more than 20 shareholder proposals that went to votes at company shareholder meetings. Efforts last year and into 2017 focused on three areas: economic justice, civil rights, and climate change, including:
• Zevin’s first-ever investor campaign focused on paid family leave at Starbucks which convinced the company to extend benefits to barista workers who adopt children.
• Ongoing dialogue with Apple on workforce diversity which built pressure on the company to appoint its first ever VP of diversity. This led to a new campaign to challenge other tech companies like Apple, Amazon, and Alphabet to tie racial and gender equity goals to CEO pay.
• Recurring meetings led by Zevin with UPS on climate change strategy helped convince the company to set a quantitative target for sourcing renewable electricity and more sustainable fuels.
President Sonia Kowal said “We are incredibly proud of Pat’s accomplishments and thrilled that he is receiving this recognition for his ongoing efforts on behalf of our clients by Bloomberg Businessweek.”
About Zevin Asset Management Zevin Asset Management, LLC (www.zevin.com) is an independent socially responsible investment manager based in Boston. The firm manages customized global SRI/ESG portfolios of public equities and bonds for individuals, non-profits, and advisors with a focus on capital preservation. For both social and investment reasons, Zevin centers its stock selection on well-managed companies with sustainable business practices. The firm also engages in shareholder advocacy on behalf of its clients. Zevin is a B-corporation and a 100% employee-owned, majority women-owned firm.
1) Registration with the SEC should not be construed as an endorsement or an indicator of investment skill, acumen or experience.
2) Investments in securities are not insured, protected or guaranteed and may result in loss of income and/or principal.